Sunday, September 11, 2016

Cloak of War Releases in 45 Days!

Cloak of War, Book 2 in the Empress Game trilogy, releases in 45 Days! You know what that means…. It’s time for some exclusive content to get you psyched!



First up: The dedication.

Cloak of War is the book that was never meant to happen. I initially wrote The Empress Game as a standalone novel. (Due to the fact that my earlier fantasy novel received rejections that said, “We love your writing and this book, but it can’t stand alone, it ends on a cliffhanger. Send us a different book!”) I was pretty pleased with myself for wrapping EG up in one book. (Even if the ending was cheesy.)

Naturally, Titan Books said, "Can you make this a trilogy?" /d’oh!

I really struggled while writing Cloak of War, and it wasn’t until close to the end of the first draft that I fell in love with the story. After wrestling with this book for a year, it’s finally done and off to the printers.

And who, you ask, is this very crucial second book dedicated to? The book built upon my sweat and blood and tears?

Here’s the official dedication:

This book is dedicated to my amazing husband, James Douglass. 
Not only is he my biggest supporter and best friend, but he also gave me the greatest gift a writer could ask for: Time.
Dear James, I hope you hear all of the unspoken words in my heart when I say, “I love you.”




How did he give me Time? Easy. He convinced me to quit my day job and write full time so that I could make my deadlines. I took a 75% cut in pay when I made the transition, but James didn’t worry about it for a second. He knew writing made me happiest in the world, and he was willing to sacrifice so that I could work my dream job :)

It’s no wonder that this book is dedicated to him!

Until later,

-Rhonda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment